Published on 5 October 2022
Click on the below headings for this week’s Weekly Wrap.
Ageism Awareness Day – Friday 7 October
Friday 7 October is Ageism Awareness Day and this year’s theme is: ‘Ageism: End It’.
Join the Elder Abuse Liaison Team for a range of events this month, with information stalls kicking off Wednesday 5 October at 11am at Footscray Hospital.
All staff are also invited to two online information sessions:
- Tuesday 11 October at 11am: ‘Understanding & Preventing Age Discrimination of Older People’
- Wednesday 3 November at 11am: HEALTHPLAY event exploring explore older Victorians’ experiences of ageing, ageism and elder abuse.
Learn more about the events, and register for the webinars here.
Registration open for the WalkWest Virtual Landmarks Challenge
The Western Health Foundation is excited to announce registrations are officially open for the WalkWest Virtual Landmarks Challenge 2022.To register, click here.
The virtual event will run from Wednesday 9 November through to Wednesday 30 November. You’ll have 21 days to get out and explore Melbourne’s west. We’re encouraging people to challenge themselves to a marathon effort of walking 42km in 21 days – the distance between Flemington Racecourse and Werribee Zoo – either by walking the distance at home, in their workplace or in their local neighbourhood.
The money we raise from WalkWest will go towards supporting our Western Health patients with their treatment and recovery at a time when they need it the most. This could be a neighbour, a friend or a family member.
Maxxia will be back on site! Let us help you
Maxxia will be back onsite offering 15 minute personal consultations for all staff. This is your opportunity to find out how salary packaging could benefit you!
Where to find us:
Main walkway near pharmacy
Tuesday 11th of October
Wednesday 12th of October
9:00am – 3:00pm
How we can help
- How salary packaging works
- How to use pre-tax funds towards daily living expenses such as mortgage, rent, clothes, school fees etc.
- How to use pre-tax funds towards restaurant & holiday expenses
- Salary packaging a new, used or existing vehicle with a novated lease
COMEDY FESTIVAL EXTENSION SHOWCASE
Melbourne Comic Festival favourites are back in town.
With a FREE sample of The Comic Festival shows from this year and last year.
This will be a night where you are guaranteed the best medicine – plenty of LAUGHTER!!!!
You’ll get to enjoy over 2 Hours of great stand-up comedy.
When: Tuesday 27th, Wednesday 28th, Thursday 29th, Friday 30th September, Tuesday 4th OR Wednesday 5th October.
(Tues – Pro Comedians doing New Material) – (Wed-Fri – 5 Comedy Festival comedians)
Doors Open: 6:30pm (if you want to come & buy some dinner)
Show Starts: 8pm (runs for 2+ hours)
Cost: FREE (for the show, normally $30pp)
Where: The Comics Lounge 26 Errol St Nth Melbourne
Line Ups & Dining Menu: www.thecomicslounge.com.au
To book: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, number of tickets & which show you would like, your confirmation email will be sent straight to the booking’s office.
Seated Massage in October
The seated massage wellbeing initiative is back again during the month of October, commencing on Monday 7th at Williamstown Hospital.
The team at ‘Seated Massage’ are returning to pamper staff at each site with free 5 minute neck and shoulder massages.
Bookings are not necessary. Just turn up at the times allocated to the site you work at:
Click here to find out when they will be visiting your site.
EDUCATION & LEARNING: SHORT COURSE ENROLMENTS AVAILABLE ON WELEARN!
Places are available for the upcoming courses:
CENTRAL VENOUS ACCESS DEVICES (CVAD) WORKSHOP
Venue: Sunshine Hospital, WCHRE Lecture Theatre
Course Fee: $30.00
Course Aim: This course is highly recommended for enrolled nurses, midwives, casual and bank staff and any clinical staff who have limited skills in the care and management of CVADs.
EDUCATION CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
- Invasive Lines & Cannulation: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, advertised dates are only available for Bank-Pool Nursing Staff, Radiology and Medical staff. All ward nursing staff are to book in a time with their ward educator.
- Resuscitation Mandatory Competencies: Sessions have recommenced. In the first instance, can you arrange an assessment with your local instructor or educator. Resus educators are contacting managers to arrange local sessions for individual teams. Dedicated sessions for Bank and Pool Staff along with separate sessions for Nursing and Medical staff are available on Welearn.
- 15/9/2022: Infection Prevention Study Day: SESSION CANCELLED
- 19/9/2022: Enteral Feeding Study Day: SESSION CANCELLED
- 20/9/2022: Microsoft Course – Pivot Tables
- 20/9/2022: Microsoft Course – Using formulas
- 5/10/2022: Stroke Study Day
- 5/10/2022: Microsoft Course – Excel Intermediate
- 7/10/2022: VAC Therapy Study Day
- 11/10/2022: Night Duty: HFNP AIRVO
- 13/10/2022: Wound Care Study Day: SESSION CANCELLED
- 18/10/2022: Central Venous Access Devices (CVAD) Workshop
- 19/10/2022: Tracheostomy Study Day
- 20/10/2022: Nutrition Study Day: SESSION CANCELLED
- 26/10/2022: Microsoft Course – Charts & Graphs
- 26/10/2022: Microsoft Course – Excel Advanced
- 28/10/2022: Male Catheterisation
- 2/11/2022: Heart Failure Study Day (Rescheduled from 3/11/2022)
- 4/11/2022: Male Catheterisation
- 9/11/2022: Night Duty: Pain Management
- 11/11/2022: Anaesthetic Emergency Responses Workshop (AERW)
- 16/11/2022: Pressure Injury Study Day
- 16/11/2022: Microsoft Course: Pivot Tables
- 16/11/2022: Microsoft Course: Using Formulas
- 17/11/2022-18/11/2022: Advanced Life Support Level 2 (ALS2): Booking is full
- 23/11/2022: Microsoft Course – Track Change, Markup & Compare Documents
- 23/11/2022: Microsoft Course – Excel Advanced
- 28/11/2022: Male Catheterisation
- 02/12/2022: Crisis Management in Obstetric Anaesthesia and Neonatal Resuscitation (CMOANR)
- 07/12/2022: Night Duty: Mechanical Restraints
EDUCATION & WELEARN HELPDESK INTEGRATION
Please direct all emails to the Welearn Helpdesk inbox: WeLearn@wh.org.au
In order to streamline our Education administrative workflow and Welearn inquiries, the WHS-CEAdmin@wh.org.au inbox will no longer be functional.
We are in the process of updating this information throughout the Education internet and intranet platform, including all documentation.
VCCC Alliance - Events, Opportunities and News
The VCCC Alliance brings you the latest in cancer research, education and clinical care through engaging, relevant and informative events.
Explore opportunities within the VCCC Alliance and the broader cancer sector, including scholarships, internships, jobs, training, support and grants
Discover the latest progress in cancer research, education and clinical care delivered by the VCCC Alliance.
The Ecovision is back!
Click here to see the latest news and updates in sustainability
New Telehealth WeLearn package
Learn new tools for Telehealth video calls
A new Telehealth WeLearn module is now available to help guide clinicians on how to use Healthdirect Video Call, and includes tips & tricks on conducting an efficient and safe Telehealth consultation.
The aim of the module is to improve clinician confidence in using Video Call and conducting Telehealth consults, which will also lead to an improved clinician and patient experience.
The learning module only takes 5-10 minutes to complete and will help clinicians get up and running with the basics of Telehealth quickly.
Search for Telehealth on the WeLearn website to find the Western Health Telehealth learning module, and for further information about Telehealth at Western Health please visit the Telehealth and Virtual Care page on the Digital Health information site.
$1,500 cash back when you refinance your home loan to BankVic
Home Loans that work for you.
At BankVic we can do the hard work for you. You’ll get a dedicated lender, who’ll help you through the entire home loan process, from initial discussions right through to settlement.
- $1,500 cash back for each external refinance*
- For applications submitted by 31 October 2022 and settled by 30 November 2022
- Competitive rates, available for Owner Occupier and Investment Home loans
To find out more give your dedicated Relationship Manager, Michelle a call on 0418 415 096 or email email@example.com or visit our BankVic Sunshine Hospital branch.
*TERMS & CONDITIONS: 1. This cash back offer is for refinance applications only and are subject to Bank Vic’s assessment criteria. Eligible members will receive a cash back of $1500 deposited into their BankVic loan account up to 20 days after the loan for each secured asset has funded. This offer is limited to a maximum of one cash back per mortgaged property, regardless of the number of loans involved in the transaction, within limits stipulated. To be eligible an applicant must be a current employee of Mildura Health, Bendigo Health, Royal Children’s Hospital, Monash Health, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Eastern Health, Western Health, Northern Health, Barwon Health or Ambulance Victoria member. This cash back offer is available for new borrowings refinanced to any BankVic home loan product from other financial institutions with a minimum loan amount of $200,000, for applications received up to 31 October 2022 and settled by 30 November 2022. 2.This offer is not compatible with any other cash back offer issued by BankVic. BankVic may vary or end this offer at any time without notice. Terms and conditions, fees and charges are available at bankvic.com.au, by calling 13 63 73 or visiting a branch. A Target Market Determination (TMD) for every product is available to help members decide if a product is suitable for them, the TMD can be found on our website bankvic.com.au. Police Financial Services Limited ABN 33 087 651 661 AFSL and Australian Credit License 240293 trading as BankVic. bankvic.com.au.au.
New staff giving program officially launched!
Small change creates big change
The Western Health Foundation have made an impact in many areas of our health service. Last year alone they provided more than $700,000 to fund new equipment, patient and staff support and world-class research, including:
- Purchasing new ECG machines to support the rollout of the EMR project
- Fellowships and scholarships for staff development
- Culturally sensitive Welcome Packs for patients who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Care packs to help patients undergoing cancer treatment
- Purchasing mobility aids or medication for patients who are in great hardship.
We are all aware of the huge need for support for our most vulnerable patients and community.
Your small change has the ability to make a big impact. You can choose how much you would like to donate and sign-up today. Complete the personal details form here and return your form to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any other questions about the Foundation or donating, please contact Katrina.email@example.com