Advancing Best Care Week is fast approaching, running from 7-13 November, which is an opportunity to reflect and celebrate the amazing contributions of our people delivering Best Care to our community. This week contains events and some great launches that will help everyone to continue to improve the quality and safety of the care delivered at Western Health.
Over the course of Advancing Best Care week, the newly-named Best Care Governance and Support Division (formerly Quality, Safety and Patient Experience) is re-launching and showcasing its range of services through events and information stalls.
Directors Lisa Smith and Alison Rule and their team are on board to support Western Health and its staff to lead, drive, create and achieve Best Care – care that is person-centred, coordinated, right and safe. The division has oversight of Best Care quality systems including health service accreditation, patient experience, consumer feedback, clinical risk management and improvement.
Best Care Awards:
It if the final few days to get an application in for the Best Care Awards, which recognise and celebrate examples of the high-quality care we provide at Western Health.
Prizes in the form of departmental funding (and lovely keepsake trophies) are available from our corporate sponsors Maxxia and HESTA for the following categories:
- Person-centred care – Person-centred care involves seeing the person in every patient and providing care that is welcoming, respectful and designed to engage the patient in their health care decisions.
- Coordinated care – Coordinated care entails prompt access to patient services, resulting in an effortless patient journey that is designed to optimise time to care through efficient services provisions.
- Right care – Right care implies providing appropriate, equitable and effective care for each person.
- Safe care – Safe care supports the design and delivery of care and services to patients to minimise the risk of patient harm.
The awards recognise either a completed or proposed improvement project or initiative.
Please encourage your teams to consider submitting applications. For more information, visit the Live Best Care microsite. Submissions close 5pm Friday 4 November 2022.
Auditing Best Care:
During Advancing Best Care week we will be recommencing our Auditing Best Care program, where we audit our practice via a series of questions directly to the patient (or carer), bedside checks and reviewing documentation entered into the EMR/medical record.
Launching systems to support Best Care:
A number of new initiatives will be also launched during Advancing Best Care week, including:
- PROMPT our new policy, procedure and guideline system,
- our new Live Best Care microsite,
- the new Feedback module in Riskman, to manage and record compliments, enquiries and complaints.